Friday, April 17, 2009

Social Bookmarks

I can't say how many times I have gone to colleagues' Delicious Bookmarks for links for web sites. I have had creating my own Delicious account on my "to do list" for at least a year now. Given that setting up a social bookmarking network is a requirement for my Learning2oh class and the fact that our building is closing, and there is a need for others to access the links on the pages I maintain on our website for our students and staff, I have finally developed a Delicious account.
Unlike with my many "Favorites" list on various computers, this makes all the academic, personal, and professional links a breeze to access. Keeping up with the folders under Favorites was quite tedious, Delicious is quick and easy. I especially like that I can have my academic (for students and staff), professional, and personal links all on one interface. The ability to "share" or "not share" is especially a feature I like and will use, and all will be organized and easily assessible at the click of a key!
Tagging in Delicious would be an ideal activity to instruct and engage students when we are doing research and trying to get a grip on moving from broad topics to more specific.



No comments: